When it comes to design, guest rooms always take the back seat. We focus on our living rooms and kitchens and our personal master bathrooms but have a hard time sinking serious bucks into a space that doesn’t get as much use. But a nice and welcoming guest space doesn’t necessarily have to mean a lot of money out of your pocket. Check out my
5 inexpensive updates to glam up your guest bath!
1. HANG ARTWORK. This is often a forgotten element when it comes to the bathroom.
Adding some framed prints can add color texture + depth to your space without having to make any permanent changes!
2. ADD ACCENT FURNITURE. I love adding freestanding furniture to rooms that generally don’t have it (think bathrooms, kitchens or walk-in closets). Add a small garden stool next to the tub to give you guest a place to set a glass of wine or a magazine as they unwind. If you have room for it, add an accent chair, like this clear acrylic one for an unexpected twist.
3. CHANGE UP YOUR LINENS! Simply changing out bathmats and towels can make the guest bath feel fresh again! I love mixing and matching patterns to create a layered look. Try using a simple white bath towel and layering with a colored and/or patterned hand towel.
Mix it up! Don’t buy your towels in a set!
4. SWAP OUT YOUR SHOWER CURTAIN. A shower curtain is a HUGE opportunity to add color, pattern and texture in a room with limited soft finishes. Pick something that packs some punch and helps set the tone for the rest of the design choices in the room. Picking the shower curtain for our bathroom was a whole blog post in itself–check it out!
5. Fresh Flowers. They add texture, color and LIFE! The day before your guests arrive grab some fresh cut stems and stick them in their bathroom. It lets them know you have prepared for their stay and want them to be as comfy as possible. A personal fav of mine is peonies in a vintage ginger jar like this one!
Never underestimate the impact of fresh cut flowers or a living plant in a space.
A few simple and inexpensive changes can make a HUGE impact on your guest bath. Don’t let it become a forgotten space! Still need some guidance on how to pull off a stellar bathroom face lift? Get in touch and let’s talk about working together!