5 THINGS YOU CAN DO TODAY TO UPDATE
YOUR SPACE FOR FALL
Fall is inevitably on its way! Some of us embrace this as a time for a fresh new start, time for routine or to simply start getting ready for winter! So here are 5 things you can do today to update your space for fall!
- Rid your house of summer style. Time has come to pack away those teal blankets and coral pillows. Instead replace with warm neutrals! We love these plaid gray and cream pillows from Target. They instantly say fall has arrived! And adding in a chunky knit throw blanket like this one really helps the space feel layered + cozy.
- Swap out your art. Take down those beach photos and images of your kids frolicking in the water. Replace with gold frames and images of fall leaves, last years fall family photo shoot (that you haven’t taken out of the box yet)! Or try this collection of small gold hanging mirrors from Urban Outfitters.
- Add in some texture. Nothing reminds us more of a beautiful fall hayride like jute. Layer a jute rug under your current rug or on top centered under your coffee table. Another great way is to add a natural basket to the corner filled with blankets and cozy pillows, or even try to put some of your favorite snugly sweaters in there!
- Plants! Those same summer plants you have can transition right into fall with a new vase.
Try spray painting them black or a dark green,
or better yet find a wicker basket and paint the bottom half black!
- Set the tone! Think of your front door as a preview of what is to come inside. Get a great wreath to help welcome in fall. Below is one of our favorites from Etsy from an adorable shop called Lorraines Cottage. So go ahead, embrace the cooler temperatures, the turning leaves and get cozy inside! For more ideas on amazing decor, check out our post on this years trends!